- 1 pound Meat Sirloin Tip, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Potatoes, chopped
- 4 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 2 Cups Green Beans
- 2 Cups Plum Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Cups Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 3 Carrots, chopped
Serve as many as you like. This recipe can easily be configured as straight vegan. No meat, substitute vegetable broth for beef.
Variety of vegetables bite size serving: Onion, potatoes, celery, green beans, plum tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and anything else you want to add. Meat sirloin tip cut into bite size pieces.
- Put meat on bottom first, then potatoes, carrots (cook better on the bottom) followed by additional veggies of choice.
- Add two tablespoons of Tapioca to V8 juice (two to three cups) and stir well.
- Pour over stew. Add the balance usually 1 to 1 ½ cans total. 2 to 3 cubes of your choice of bouillon.
- Make sure all the ingredients are covered. Do not fill to the top of the roasting pan, allow 1 to 1 ½ inches. Add salt and pepper to taste. Not too much salt, V8 is loaded.
- If meat based cook 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Veggie based, cook 2+ hours. Test veggies with a fork. Enjoy!