- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic,finely minced
- 1 cup Thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbls Olive oil
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 lbs Broccoli chopped
- 6 to 7 ozs Zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 cups Chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tsp Dried oregeno
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper
- 1 to 2 tbls Fresh parsley, minced
- 16 ozs Low fat (1%) cottage cheese
- 1 1/4 cups Part-skim mozzarella (1/4) for topping
- 3 tbls Parmesan grated (1) for topping
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh basil
- 1 or 2 egg whites Egg
- 1 - 26oz jar (3 cups) Tomato and basil sauce (CENTO my choice)
- 9-12 Lasagna noodles (whole wheat) cooked al dente
Served this recipe many times over the years as my children were growing up. It was one of their favorites. Maybe not the all-time vortex attraction but very healthy and tasty.
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Saute onions, garlic and mushrooms in oil until vegetables are soft.
- Add broccoli, zucchini, spinach, oregano, and red pepper.
- Stir, lower heat, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes. Brocolli should be tender crisp.
- Stir in parsley.
In a bowl combine cottage cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil and egg.
- Spread 1/4 cup of sauce over a lightly oiled 13-by-9 inch glass baking pan.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles on the bottom; if noodles don’t quite stretch the length of the pan, use pieces of extra broken noodles to fill.
- Spread half the cheese mixture on noodles, then half the vegetable mixture and 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Repeat layer, starting from the noodles.
- Top with remaining noodles; spread with remaining 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Sprinkle the top with more cheese.Bake until bubbling hot. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving
0 0 100 0